Monday, August 20, 2012

Manic Mondays: Let's get started (Coffee First Please!)

Pin It Now!


Sometime during the day there is a period of two hours I like to call "Me" time. It's designated just for ME and usually happens when my little 2 1/2 yr old gremlin is taking her daily nap. I like to catch up on baking home goods, take a much needed nap (For the sake of my poor husband), work on some DIY projects , and more recently, work on my blog.

For today's "Manic Mondays" post I'm going to share a little DIY project. This is an easy project that can be used as a jewelery holder, candy holder, for a baby shower/bridal shower, or whatever else your little heart desires. I know some of you can be more creative than that. I just made it, you do what you want with it. You're welcome.



All of these items can be found at The Dollar Tree (my new favorite store).

Candy bowl, sugar bowl, and candle stick holder



You will also need an epoxy glue that is specifically used for glass and dries clear. I found this one at Wal-Mart for around $2.95.


Put glue on the bottom of the candle stick holder and let it set for a few seconds. Place on inside of candy bowl, as straight as possible.



Now you can let this dry or if you're impatient like me, proceed with the next step.....Put glue on the TOP ring of the the candle stick holder and carefully place sugar bowl on top. Make sure its centered!
Once its all dry you will have a pretty little "holds something" glass tier you can be proud of! And it cost less than $5 bucks. Woo Hoo!


 Mine is a jewelery holder in my bathroom :)  If you made one, I would LOVE to hear what you have used yours for!! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment